Modern Landfill Inc. is looking for experienced drivers! As a local, family-owned company we strive to provide exceptional environmental service solutions to towns, companies, neighborhoods, and families in Southern Ontario.
Our company provides you with the opportunity to build a career with great compensation, company paid benefits, participation in a RRSP program with company match, growth opportunities, a stable schedule, and job security! Driving positions are eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Please visit ModernCorporation.com for additional information or to apply
The Front Lift Driver supports the waste division by operating the vehicle and equipment to secure, empty, and dump front lift cans from multiple locations, and transporting material to the landfill or transfer station as appropriate.
· Drives the vehicle and operates the hydraulic components of the truck in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury to personnel and property damage.
· Performs pre-trip inspection, and completes the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
· Performs post-trip inspections, fuels truck and completes DVIR.
· Assess container conditions while on route and examine container contents to ensure material compliance.
· Communicates effectively with Customer Service to maintain accuracy of schedule, report errors or changes, and report container conditions.
· Properly utilizes all required Personal Protective Equipment and truck safety equipment while following all required safety procedures.
· Complete daily logs and paperwork as needed.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED
· Valid AZ or DZ license with a minimum of 3 years commercial driving experience
· Clean driver abstract and CVOR
· Able to read and write legibly
· Able to comply with company policy on controlled substances and alcohol
· Positive safety record
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Commitment to customer service
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Full company paid benefits (medical and dental)
· Group RRSP Company Matching program
· Attendance, Referral, and Safety Bonuses
· Overtime after 9 hours per day or 44 hours per week
· Paid time off
· Employee Assistance Program
· Customer Appreciation Awards
There are currently no vacancies.