To apply for this position, you MUST meet three basic criteria:
· You MUST have 15 high school credits (Grade 10 in Ontario).
· You MUST be between 16 and 56 years old.
· You MUST be a Canadian Citizen OR Permanent Resident.
You will be required to join the Canadian Armed Forces Army Reserve to be employed in this position.
This is NOT a civilian placement.
Mobile Support Equipment Operators operate military vehicles ranging in size from standard automobiles to snow removal equipment and all-terrain vehicles.
The primary responsibilities of the Mobile Support Equipment Operator are to:
· Operate buses, automobiles, trucks, and tractor-trailers.
· Operate specialized mobile equipment such as fueling tankers, snowplows, tractors, and all-terrain vehicles.
· Receive, load, secure and unload materiel and equipment transported by road.
· Provide transportation support for combat and field operations.
· Maintain equipment in serviceable condition by cleaning, inspecting, and correcting minor faults.
· Prepare dispatch schedules and coordinate user requirements for vehicles and equipment.
· Prepare and maintain job-related forms, records, and reports.
Mobile Support Equipment Operators encounter a variety of employment and environmental conditions as they are required to operate a broad range of mobile support equipment. Conditions may vary from working indoors on bases to working outdoors, especially during field operations and while on missions abroad.
All successful applicants will be required to complete the Basic Military Qualification Course. This course can be obtained on a part time basis, (every other weekend for 10 weekends over a 15-week period) OR full time in the summer for 4 weeks at Cedar Springs Rifle Range. For the full-time course, the candidates must reside in the barracks for the duration of the course.
Upon completion of the Basic Military Qualification Course, candidates will be required to attend the Mobile Support Equipment Operator Phase One course for a 6-week period at Canadian Forces Base Borden or another training facility in Canada. This course is run during the summer and all candidates are required to reside in the barracks for the duration of the course.
For more information please visit: Canadian Army Reserves in Windsor and Chatham
To book an appointment to meet with a recruiter use our Online Booking Tool
There are currently no vacancies.