Website Dowler-Karn Limited
AZ UTILITY DRIVER
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime AZ Driver for its Sarnia branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of propane and petroleum products to our customers.
The successful applicant must be willing to work varied hours, including extended hours (which includes overtime and weekend work), and be flexible in shift start / finish times.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid, clean and current Ontario AZ driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement.
- Minimum of 3-5 years driving experience is required, tanker experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, peers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised, possessing ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Physically fit, ability to lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma and basic math, reading, and legible writing skills in completing daily driver reports and other record-keeping tasks.
- Familiar and comfortable with use of mobile devices.
- Ability to accurately draft and submit reports such as delivery reports, log sheets and daily inspection reports in a timely manner.
- General mechanical ability for truck inspections and attentiveness to truck / equipment cleanliness.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills and team player.
A self-directed and safety conscious attitude is a must as is a willingness to participate in all training programs as directed by the company, including cross-training on other branch operations. The successful applicant may be required to share in rotational on-call duties.
This position requires a candidate who is able to be flexible to the daily work demands and able to perform tasks in all weather conditions.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay, incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package. Driver pay starts at $24.74 per hour.
Interested applicants are directed to submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference, “AZ Sarnia Driver – Your Name”. Applicants are required to provide a clean driver abstract and CVOR as well. The deadline for consideration is 9:00 am, Tuesday, October 12th, 2021.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.