DZ Utility Driver
Website Dowler-Karn Limited
DZ UTILITY DRIVER
Dowler-Karn is seeking a high-energy, skilled and committed DZ Driver for our St. Marys branch!
Dowler-Karn Limited is a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor and has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Driver (DZ license) based out of our St. Marys branch. As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.
Join a successful and growing company and you will be able to boast to others about our:
Dynamic team and progressive company including pride and great care in our vehicles!
Safety excellence – a proactive safety culture and industry safety leader!
Commitment to community support and involvement in the communities that we serve!
Investment in our employees through training and development!
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for:
- Load and unload truck, ensuring the safe and timely delivery of propane and fuel to our customers.
- Perform pre-trip inspections on equipment, ensuring safety and roadworthiness; report vehicle defects.
- Comply with all operational and safety requirements.
- Use and operation of a tablet, to exchange necessary information with dispatch & office.
- Record and maintain all required documentation.
- Participate in rotational on-call duties and perform call outs, as required.
- Work variable hours due to fluctuation in seasonal or branch demands. (Overtime will be required at times and is processed after 44 hours worked.)
- Work outside, including a variety of weather conditions.
- Driver is responsible for cleaning his / her assigned truck both inside and outside.
- Participate in all training programs as directed by the company.
Do you have the qualifications we’re looking for?
- Must have a valid, clean and current Ontario DZ driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement. Clean driving abstract.
- Minimum of 3-5 years driving experience, liquid experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, peers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised, possessing ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Strong work ethic and able to flex with changing demands and operational requirements.
- Physically fit. Ability to lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Possess basic math and reading skills and legible writing skills for report completion.
- Computer literate, to operate a smart phone and tablet.
- General mechanical ability for truck inspections.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills and team player.
If your answered YES to our qualification, then we want you to apply!
Interested applicants are directed to submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Your Name – St. Marys Driver”. The deadline for consideration is 9:00am on Monday, October 25th, 2021.
Applicants are also required to provide a current CVOR and driver’s abstract prior to consideration and must possess a clean abstract.
What’s in it for you?
First of all…boasting rights (see above) and not to mention a sense of pride, safety and lots of training!
As well, Dowler-Karn provides a benefit package including group insurance (both medical and dental coverage, plus more), healthcare savings account, paid time off benefits (including sick days, short- and long-term disability programs) and a retirement savings program. Driver pay starts at $24.74/hr and overtime is paid out after 44 hours worked. And the driver performance incentive plan provides an annual benefit up to $2,000 annually! Not to mention, employee discounts…and who doesn’t like that!
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/DowlerKarn?ref=hl
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process. Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.