AZ Utility Truck Driver
AZ UTILITY DRIVER
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime AZ Utility Driver for its St. Thomas head office.
Reporting to the Logistics & Distribution Supervisor, the successful candidate is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of propane and petroleum products in both tandem and tractor trailer applications.
Hours of work will fluctuate with seasonal or branch demands as well as the specific driver function being performed. Overtime will be required at times, including extended hours and weekend work. Although many customer deliveries are short haul there may be occasional deliveries requiring overnight trips.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid, clean and current Ontario AZ driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement.
- Clean driving abstract.
- Minimum of 3-5 years driving experience, preferably with a tandem truck. Liquids experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, peers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised, possessing ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Physically fit. Ability to lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma and basic math, reading, and legible writing skills in completing meter tickets, record-keeping, and daily driver reports.
- Familiar and comfortable with use of mobile devices.
- Ability to accurately draft and submit reports such as delivery reports, log sheets and daily inspection reports in a timely manner.
- General mechanical ability for truck inspections and attentiveness to truck / equipment cleanliness.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills and team player.
A self-directed and safety conscious attitude is a must as is a willingness to participate in all training programs as directed by the company including cross-training on other branch operations. This position requires an individual who is able to be flexible to the daily work demands and able to perform tasks in all weather conditions.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay and incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package. Driver pay starts at $24.74 per hour.
Interested applicants are directed to submit a resume and cover letter to HR@dowlerkarn.com. Please reference “YOUR NAME – AZ DRIVER ST THOMAS”. Applicants are required to provide a clean driver abstract and CVOR as well. The deadline for consideration is 9:00 am, Monday, September 13th, 2021.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity and community responsibility.
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.