DZ Utility Driver
DZ UTILITY DRIVER
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Tandem Delivery Driver for its St. Thomas branch.
Reporting to the Logistics and Distribution Supervisor, the successful candidate is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of propane and petroleum products to our customers.
The successful applicant must be willing to work varied hours, including extended hours (which includes overtime and weekend work), and be flexible in shift start / finish times. The successful applicants will be required to share in rotational on-call duties.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid, clean and current Ontario DZ driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement.
- Clean driving abstract
- Minimum of 3-5 years driving experience, liquid experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, peers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised, possessing ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Physically fit. Ability to lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work variable hours, to perform call outs, and rotational on-call duties as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma and basic math, reading, and legible writing skills in completing meter tickets, record-keeping, and daily driver reports.
- Familiar and comfortable with use of mobile devices.
- Ability to accurately draft and submit reports such as delivery reports, log sheets and daily inspection reports in a timely manner.
- General mechanical ability for truck inspections and attentiveness to truck / equipment cleanliness.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills and team player.
*** An AZ license would be considered a benefit but is not required ***
A self-directed and safety conscious attitude is a must as is a willingness to participate in all training programs as directed by the company, including cross-training on other branch operations. This position requires an individual who is able to be flexible to the daily work demands and able to perform tasks in all weather conditions.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package and driver incentive program. Driver pay starts at $24.74 per hour.
Interested applicants are directed to submit their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Please reference, “YOUR NAME – DZ DRIVER ST THOMAS”. Applicants are required to provide a clean CVOR and driver’s abstract as well. The deadline for consideration is 9:00 am, Monday, September 13th, 2021.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity and community responsibility.
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.