Equipment Operator (Snow)
Website Ferrovial Services
Equipment Operator 1
Under the supervision of the Patrol Maintenance Technician, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining contracted assets (roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards and conditions specified in the contract.
** This is a bargaining unit position represented by OPSEU. **
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Removal of snow and ice by using snow removal and/or sanding equipment.
• Maintain and repair highway and other surfaces including signs, guardrails, fence, lighting, potholes, striping, adding or replacing reflectors, litter and debris removal
• Operate vehicles and equipment as required: for surface and right-of-way maintenance and repair; repair/maintenance of slopes, berms, culverts, drains, etc.; to control vegetation appearance and growth. As Required
• Trafflc control setup and removal
• Transport crew and equipment to work sites
• Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Effectively communicate (in English); both orally and in writing with co-workers and supervisor.
· Perform basic mathematical functions.
· Consistently follow all policies and procedures.
· Understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to work in an environment in which demands, and priorities change rapidly.
· Skilled in the use of hand and power tools, traffic control devices and mobile equipment such as tractors, graders, mowers, sweepers, augers and other types of equipment used for surface and right of way maintenance and repair.
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in construction, road maintenance, commercial/industrial repair, maintenance or landscaping (outdoor work) (Preferred)
Certifications and License:
· Valid Ontario Class DZ driver’s license and acceptable driving record.