Website Gay Lea Foods
- Operate trucks and equipment as per standard operating procedures
- Complete logbooks and run sheets accurately and thoroughly each day
- Weigh volume of outgoing and incoming loads
- Provide exemplary customer service to all customers
- Assist in loading and offloading of trucks if needed
- Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOPs & other training materials provided and accurate record keeping
- Attend prescribed courses and training as required
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- “AZ” classification: “A” licence, “Z” Airbrake Endorsement
- Valid Milk Graders license is considered an asset (training provided)
- Minimum high school diploma and/or related CPG or food warehousing experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), including excellent sanitary habits and possess knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the job and ability to multi-task
Accurate when working with calculations
- Clean driving abstract
What we offer:
- Day Shift no overnights
- Competitive hourly wage
- Competitive vacation package
- Extended Health Benefits
- Company matched RRSP’s
Regular exposure to long duration on the road and frequent interruptions. Occasional exposure to dust and extreme temperatures.
Sitting for extended length of time, standing and walking for considerable length of time. Moderate lifting of materials up to maximum 25 kg.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
The health and safety of our employees and customers is a top priority for Gay Lea Foods and therefore applicants will only be considered who are fully vaccinated, subject to human rights considerations.
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search!
All protocols are in place at facility including, but not limited to, daily active screening before anyone is allowed on-site, mandatory mask/face shield/goggle requirements, social distancing, plexiglass barriers, regular touchpoint cleaning protocols