Established in 1955, Meyers Farms is Niagara-on-the-Lake’s (Ontario, Canada) premiere choice for quality flowers and fresh fruit. With an established/modern greenhouse facility and accompanying farms, as well as our own fleet of trucks, we have grown steadily through hard work, a commitment to quality, and the fostering of our horticultural and agricultural expertise.
We are seeking a Seasonal Truck Driver to play an integral role in both the operational and strategic activities of the logistics department, including delivery and pickup of product/racks for customers, and between facilities in Ontario and occasionally to Quebec.
If you strive to inspire and bring joy, we would like to hear from you!
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
Ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel consumption
Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Accurately document damaged product, number of carts returned etc. on packing slips. Return paperwork to logistics office after each trip.
- Ensure proper housekeeping and cleanliness in the truck and at the farm.
- Maintains a high level of safety on and off the road and obeys all posted regulations
- Manage time effectively to meet appointments and call appropriate individuals as required
- Continually looking for ways to improve processes and make recommendations for efficiencies and improvements
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Valid DZ or AZ driver’s license with minimum 3 years experience required; Able to confidently drive manual transmission vehicle
- Commercial truck driving experience is an asset
- Must be able to load and unload flower carts and lift to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Attention to detail is required and must be able to complete required paperwork with accuracy including: Accident or incident reports; Trip reports; Maintenance and repair reports; Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip); Driver logbook; Bill of lading
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment; Trip recorder (on-board computer).
- Able to manage stressful traffic situations and occasional difficult customers
- Successful candidate must be fluent in English – written a verbal
- Relevant greenhouse experience is a strong asset
- Long periods of sitting in a truck and intermittent heavy physical labour
- Able to lift heavy cases and pull racks in and out of truck
- Repetitive tasks and sitting for an extended period required
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Regular hours vary according to the season or the run (but in accordance with MTO requirements and/or US legislation)
If you would like the exciting opportunity to join the Meyers team, please submit your cover letter and resume by emailing: email@example.com
We thank all of those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Meyers, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.