Roll Off Driver
Website Modern Landfill Inc.
Modern Landfill Inc. is looking for experienced drivers! As a local, family-owned company we strive to provide exceptional environmental service solutions to towns, companies, neighborhoods, and families in Southern Ontario.
Our company provides you with the opportunity to build a career with great compensation, company paid benefits, participation in a RRSP program with company match, growth opportunities, a stable schedule, and job security! Driving positions are eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Please visit ModernCorporation.com for additional information or to apply
A Driver is responsible for safely operating a collection truck, and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers. In addition, a Driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body (where appropriate) on each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Education and Experience
- Clean Class AZ or DZ Commercial Driver’s license
- Experience driving large trucks and able to drive standard transmission
- Able to comply with company policy on controlled substances and alcohol
- Positive safety record
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Commitment to customer service
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Full company paid benefits (medical and dental)
- Group RRSP Company Matching program
- Attendance and Safety Bonuses
- Overtime after 9 hours per day or 44 hours per week
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Customer Appreciation Awards