Waste/Recycling Truck Driver
Website Modern Landfill Inc.
Modern Landfill Inc. is looking for experienced drivers! As a local, family-owned company we strive to provide exceptional environmental service solutions to towns, companies, neighborhoods, and families in Southern Ontario.
Our company provides you with the opportunity to build a career with great compensation, company paid benefits, participation in a RRSP program with company match, growth opportunities, a stable schedule, and job security! Driving positions are eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Please visit ModernCorporation.com for additional information or to apply
The Side Loader Driver supports the waste division by operating the vehicle and picking up trash and recyclables from residential in the Haldimand County and transporting material to the landfill or transfer station as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
· Drives the side loader vehicle and operates the hydraulic components of the truck in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury to personnel and property damage.
· Performs pre-trip inspection, and completes the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
· Performs post-trip inspections, fuels truck and completes DVIR.
· Properly utilizes all required Personal Protective Equipment and truck safety equipment while following all required safety procedures
Core Competencies & Experience
· Valid AZ or DZ license with a minimum of 3 years commercial driving experience
· Clean driver abstract and CVOR
· Able to read and write legibly
· Able to comply with company policy on controlled substances and alcohol
· Positive safety record
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Commitment to customer service
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Full company paid benefits (medical and dental)
· Group RRSP Company Matching program
· Attendance and Safety Bonuses
· Overtime after 9 hours per day or 44 hours per week
· Paid time off
· Employee Assistance Program
· Customer Appreciation Awards