AZ Driver – Local – $23.0/hr Steady Hours Jan-Dec
Website Mucci Farms
Grow with us!
Title: AZ Driver – Local
Based at: Mucci Farms, Kingsville, Ontario.
Type of Employment: Type of Employment: Full time, permanent, 6-days a week, and potentially extended hours depending on workload and priorities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Drives tractor-trailer combination or straight truck, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products, or materials.
· Maneuvers truck and trailer into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
· Drives truck to weigh station before and after loading, and along route to document weight and conform to regulations.
· Maintains driver log according to regulations.
· Inspects truck before, during and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition; for safety and to minimize security risks.
· Reads bill of lading to determine assignment.
· Notifies Fleet Manager of any need for maintenance service on the truck with oil, fuel, and radiator fluid to maintain tractor-trailer (and outline on daily inspection sheet).
· Adhere to and have knowledge of all rules and regulations involved with the safe and legal operations of a tractor trailer and/or straight truck
· Obtains customer’s signature as required.
· Inventories and inspects goods to be moved.
· Insures loads are secured to trailer wall using bars.
· Comfortable dealing with U.S. and Canadian Customs officials.
· Follows C-TPAT policies and procedures on behalf of the company.
· Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Maintain a clean CVOR and driver’s abstract, must provide in interview
· Ability to provide a police clearance and pass initial and ongoing drug testing.
· Ability to cross into the U.S.
· Posses a valid driver’s license (AZ), must provide in interview
· Mechanical abilities in order to help troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to communicate any issues in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ability to operate a forklift.
· Ability to have appropriate behavior on behalf of the company when dealing with U.S. and Canadian customs officials.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
· Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
· Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
Mucci Farms welcomes and encourages applications with disabilities to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource Department so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation. Mucci Farms is achieving a culture and work environment that is supportive of employees with disabilities and promotes dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity.
Thank-you to all candidates for applying and showing interest in Mucci Farms Ltd! Please note that with such a high volume of applicants, we will only be responding to the ones we will be moving forward with.