Truck Driver – DZ Driver
Website Provincial Road Markings Inc.
Line Painting Company
Provincial Road Markings Inc. provides pavement markings to various municipalities, cities, towns and regions. We are seeking an experienced DZ licensed driver who enjoys working in a small team environment and is open to working on all different types of roadways. You will be responsible for operating different trucks and equipment along Ontario roads and highways to ensure timely production, accurate application, and well-maintained equipment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Load and unload materials and ensure loads are secured when transporting.
· Drive various line painting vehicles at a safe distance and speed behind the paint truck to ensure safety of employees and other vehicles on the road.
· Stay in constant communication with the crew.
· Assist with the set up and take down of traffic control (Book 7).
· Ensure the truck lights, beacons and arrow board are turned on and functioning, when applicable
· Perform daily circle checks and maintenance on the vehicles.
*Daily tasks and assignments may change at the discretion of management.
· Fluent in English.
· Ability to travel extensively throughout Ontario.
· Valid DZ license.
· This position is outdoor roadway construction.
· Out of town travel is required (may be away from home for up to 3-4 weeks at a time depending on where the jobs are located) – hotel accommodations are provided.
· Working hours may exceed 8 hours per day.
· Alternate shifts could include days, nights, and weekends.
Experience and Skills
· Valid DZ license required.
· 3+ years driving with a DZ license is considered an asset.
· Clean driver’s abstract is required.
· Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time.
· Knowledge of a driver logbook, inspection report and bill of ladings is an asset.