Boom Truck/ Mobile Crane Operator
Website Watson Building Supplies
Ontario’s premier distributor of construction related materials.
Boom Truck Operators are responsible for the operation of mobile crane trucks and the delivery of building material to residential and commercial job sites. The crew works as a team to carry, load/unload heavy materials providing a world class customer service experience. Drivers must have valid DZ or AZ driver’s license and safe driving record.
Watson is Ontario’s premier supplier of building materials. Our team is made up of dedicated and hardworking individuals who together create a rewarding and welcoming work environment.
Our London location is looking for Boom Truck/ Mobile Crane Operator. The Boom Truck Operator transports products to job sites and places these materials in requested work locations.
Location – 481 Newbold St. London
- Perform circle-checks and complete logbook entries
- Transport loads in a professional manner following the rules of the road and representing the company to the highest standards
- Ensure proper vehicle and boom/ mobile crane maintenance and servicing
- Verify load security and accuracy
- Deliver materials to the satisfaction of customers and maintain an emphasis on safety, service, and efficiency
- Safe operation of the boom/ mobile crane while loading and unloading
Communicate with customers and other trades on construction sites
- Maintain contact with dispatch and work to resolve issues as they arise
- Prepare trucks for reloading and assist warehouse staff as needed
- Act as an ambassador of the company with all employees and customers
- Follow all regulations, company policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid DZ/AZ driver’s license (or equivalent) with a minimum of two years of experience and a clean driver’s abstract
- 0 – 8 ton mobile crane certification with a minimum of 1 year of experience
- The ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle is preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Basic hand tool skills
- Physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100lbs
- Sitting and driving for long periods of time
- Frequently climbing up and downstairs
- Pulling, pushing, bending, and torso twisting movements to transfer building materials between truck and job site
- Wages – $27.60/ hour
- Bonus – up to $5,500/yr
- Benefits –
- Health benefits 100% paid by the company including full drug coverage, practitioner, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement savings (pension or other) is 100% paid by the company
- Perks – Employee recognition programs, company discounts (mobile phone, gym membership, etc.), training programs and opportunities for career advancement, group events, and more
If you feel Watson is a good fit for your career goals and skill set, we invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your application. As part of the GMS Inc. family of companies, you can launch your career with a North American building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.