Website Watson Building Supplies
Ontario’s premier distributor of construction related materials.
Helpers are responsible for assisting with the delivery of building materials to residential and commercial job sites. The crew works as a team to carry, load/unload heavy materials, and provides a world-class customer service experience.
Our London location is currently looking for a Delivery Helper. The Delivery Helper assists with the safe transportation of building materials and the placement on customer job sites. Together with other team members, the Helper works to exceed customer expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver materials to the assigned area as directed by the customer while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Communicate professionally with customers, co-workers, and other trades on job sites
- Deliver materials to the satisfaction of customers and maintain an emphasis on safety, service, and efficiency
- Maintain contact with dispatch and work to resolve issues as they arise
- Load shingles on rooftops. Must be comfortable working at heights
- Prepare trucks for reloading and assist warehouse staff as needed
- Report all accidents or injuries
- Verify load security and accuracy
- Act as an ambassador of the company with all employees and customers
- Follow all regulations, company policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract is required (DZ license preferred)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Basic hand tool skills
- Completion of high school preferred
- Must be comfortable working at heights on rooftops
- Successful completion of MOL approved, Working at Heights training is preferred
- Physical requirements include:Ability to lift and carry up to 100lbs
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Frequently climbing up and downstairs
- Pulling, pushing, bending and torso twisting movements to transfer building materials between truck and job site
- Wages – $18.18 – $19.18 /hr.
- Bonus – Up to $3,500/yr
- Benefits Health benefits – 100% employer-paid including drug coverage, practitioner, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 100% paid by the Company
- Perks – Company discounts (mobile phone, gym membership, etc.), training programs and opportunities for career advancement, group events, and more
If you feel Watson is a good fit for your career goals and skill set, we invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your application. As part of the GMS Inc. family of companies, you can launch your career with a North American building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.